Sunday 9 June 2013

5Peaks

A promise made back in March to show J around the Wasdale fell race route fitted in quite nicely with a chance to have a last long run out in the Lakes before my 10 Peaks run. I also worked out that I could tick off 5 of them with a couple of little detours while still keeping pretty much to the Wasdale route.

The pictures tell the story.   

Running along the road to Greendale, "Britain's favourite view" behind us.

The long grassy climb up to Seatallen. 

The hazy Scafell Massif from the summit of Seatallen. Another 7 hours and we'll be there.

Scoat Tarn and Seatallen behind as we climb up towards the main Pillar ridge

The Scafells again from Pillar (Peak 9 of the 10 Peaks).

A rest at Beck Head before the climb up Great Gable. Ennerdale behind.

Wasdale, Wastwater and my car somewhere down there from Beck Head. 

Skiddaw, Blencathra and sunshine from the summit of Great Gable (Peak 8 of the 10 Peaks)

J gets away from me on the descent of Great Gable with our path to Esk Hause far below.

Eskdale from my detour to Ill Crag (Peak 4 of the 10 Peaks)

Looking back to Pillar, Kirk Fell and Great Gable from near Broad Crag (Peak 5 of the 10 Peaks)



Scafell Pike (Peak 6 of the 10 Peaks) from Ill Crag.

J gets away from me yet again descending from Lingmell in the late evening.

My feet's reward for eight and and half hours on ths hills.















2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo record Simon. Thank you, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scott. I think the weather was the best I've ever had in the Lakes and I took a huge number of photos I didn't even publish!

    ReplyDelete